My baby cries and screams if she is not being held! Any advice on what to do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:54 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• get a swing or bouncer or a sling
    babies cry for reasons .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:55 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Invest in a good sling, or other soft carrier.

Baby snuggled close to you - you hands free - win win.

ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 4:57 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• get a baby wrap. you can hold your baby and do what needs to be done if you get a wrap.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 4:57 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Mine was like this, seriously, it will pass. I wanted to go insane and it seemed that my baby was way whinier and fussier than other people's babies. Around 8 wks. , she got a lot better. I wore her everywhere in a wrap. She still has her fussy moments and I hold her but she doesn't need to be held 24/7 anymore.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 5:11 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• depends on the age. at about 5-6 months or over, let him CIO. sometimes babies cry for no reason at all
    Anonymous

• It depends on the age. I think around four months they just want to be held, but it helps to get them out to explore on their own if you put them down. Put them somewhere they feel secure, like a swing or bouncy seat, etc. Eventually you just have to do it. Sometimes babies just need to cry it out a little bit! They get frustrated and tired and just need a good cry once in a while. Just make sure that your baby is old enough and isn't hungry or wet or anything.
    smarshy

Answer by smarshy at 5:21 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I suggest a wrap over a sling. The wrap can be adjusted to the body for better comfort. the sling just hangs there and it is annoying after a while.
    krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 6:13 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Two words: Moby Wrap. Seriously, a life saver!
    PrincessZ20

Answer by PrincessZ20 at 10:11 PM on Jun. 18, 2009