When shopping online for lingerie, would you be more likely to buy it if the model had a similar build as you do?

For me, It's more convenient and cheaper to walk to the next room, get online, and find great prices on lingerie. The only thing I hate is that all the women have almost the same bodies. They're very thin, have little bubble butts, hips and big boobs, sometimes medium boobs. It's very hard to picture what I would personally look like in the outfit. It may not look like that on me. I have love handles, boobs on the smaller, less perky side and wide hips. I know their whole marketing purpose is to make it look as sexy as possible so more people would buy it, but I'd rather buy something I can see on a model with a similar build as myself.
I don't have the money to drive 2 1/2 hours away just to find a big selection of lingerie with a big price tag, and online you can find some great deals. The only problem is the women modeling them! What's with only THAT certain body promoting EVERYTHING? Not just lingerie.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:01 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i agree with you,. i would rather buy an item if the model had close to my figure.
    Anonymous

• I agree. I have bought stuff before that looked awesome on the model but not so hot on me..lol. I think they should have "real" women modeling these things to give a realistic image of how its going to look. Let face it, we aren't all size 2 airbrushed perfect....

abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 5:53 PM on Jun. 18, 2009