What exactly does it feel like when u start to feel ur baby move for the first time?? im not sure if im feeling the baby move or my uterus just getting bigger...

im not sure if im feeling what i think is my baby move or if my stomach is just upset or my uterus is stretching.... help!

c0rpsman4life

Asked by c0rpsman4life at 5:03 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It feels like flutters.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 5:04 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Mine felt like butterfly's in the stomach.
    my3turtles

Answer by my3turtles at 5:05 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I have the same question, i feel my uterus getting tighter several times a day and my stomach gets rock hard, someone told me it was braxton hicks and someone told me that was the baby moving? i sure as hell don't feel "butterflies" or tickles.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:05 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• yeah i was told they were braxton hicks also... thats why im worried... i have been told that braxton hicks comes from being dehydrated.... i dont feel flutters exactly either... my tummy gets hard and then will soften back up after the "cramp" goes away??? but i am almost 20 weeks and am wondering if there is something wrong, my next doctor appointment isnt for another 2 weeks!!!
    c0rpsman4life

Answer by c0rpsman4life at 5:15 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• you won't have that feeling of the uterus tightening and getting hard with the baby moving. Flutters or bubbles popping best describes those first feelings. You may kinda feel like someone is rubbing your stomach, just from the inside. With your first baby you'll probably notice this at about 16-22 weeks, but it could be sooner or later than that general estimate. I'm 12 weeks along with my second and i'm feeling my baby move now.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 5:22 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• mine felt like bubbles popping kinda in my belly lol
    masonsmommy921

Answer by masonsmommy921 at 5:33 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I felt it the first time at around 18 weeks--it felt like bubbles popping for me too. Now I'm feeling different things. Sometimes a pop, but other times a tickle or tapping sensation. I'll be 21 weeks on Saturday.
    AutumnBlessing

Answer by AutumnBlessing at 10:09 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Honestly I never felt the 'fluttering' that a lot of women talk about, to me it feels like a twitch you get in your eye [but not as annoying lol]
    JuwansMommy

Answer by JuwansMommy at 11:18 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• It does not feel like cramping. It really does feel like someone is moving around in there, but really subtle. It is so hard to explain to someone what it feels like. My husband asks me all the time. The only way to describe it is that it feels like flutters in your stomach. It does not feel like kicks at first. I didn't feel anything till about 22 weeks.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 10:33 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• mine felt like butterflies at first.
    GabesMommy08

Answer by GabesMommy08 at 4:29 PM on Jun. 19, 2009