My cat's fur is oily and she has dandruff...

She's an indoor cat. Her diet hasn't changed and she's still bathing herself, so I don't know what's wrong! She is shedding a lot, but I thought that may be because it's summer. It started a month or so ago after she got fixed, maybe that has something to do with it? a hormone imbalance? Any advice or opinions?

sparrowprincess

Asked by sparrowprincess at 5:05 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Pets

• Maybe she just needs a bath ... I bathe my cat about 2-3 times a year. I always know it's time when his coat gets oily and flaky.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 5:18 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• i would set up an appt with your vet. i've never heard of surgery doing that to an animal, though.
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 12:53 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Even though she grooms, I suggest brushing her. My cat started getting the same way in her older age, and I brush her every other day with a fine-toothed comb (I find that lice or flea remover combs work best to remove dandruff). Be sure to do a lot of petting, too, petting helps.
    Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 1:07 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• hi -  If you add some oil and change the food it may help...

here is a good site for help:

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Cat-Food-3490/indexExp_104248.htm

nuvetmarie

Answer by nuvetmarie at 3:13 PM on Jul. 11, 2009