Anything help you with morning sickness?

Does anyone have any tips to help with morning sickness? My boss said there's something you can get to take for nausea at Walgreens so I may check that out. I'm 6 weeks pregnant and Im so sick to my stomach that I can barely even eat. I've only threw up once thank God, but the only way to keep from throwing up is just not eating.

misspriss_1987

Asked by misspriss_1987 at 5:09 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• crackers and ginger tea
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:10 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Put ginger on everything you eat. It does help.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 5:11 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I would caution you against using any type of med for morning sickness that early, early in the pregnancy is when those can cause the most harm to the baby. I would try the natural solutions. Keep saltines by your bed (and at you at all times) munch a couple before getting up in the am, any time you start feeling funny, munch a couple, and drink ginger ale. That is how I fought it, and it worked pretty good......and hopefully you will be past this part before too much longer.
    mamatware

Answer by mamatware at 5:12 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Thanks :) I'll try the ginger...I really didn't want to take the nausea medicine bc with my luck, it'fd make me sick too!
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 5:14 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I didn't get nauseated till 10 weeks with my son, and at 12 weeks I was full on projectile vomiting every 15 minutes. I was throwing up so much I actually caused a bruise on my placenta and had to go on pelvic rest. The ONLY thing that kept me from throwing up was phenargin, which is a prescription. But it knocked me out cold. I had to continue taking it till he was born, my nausea never went away.
    Anonymous

• trying eating smaller meals, if you are hungry it will make you more sick, eat slowly, you can get some ginger root its know to help, or raw ginger drops for the market and put it under your tongue. try getting c-bands you can find them at any store, they look like wrist bands with a dot on them. Drink water with honey in it but slowly. and Ice cubs. I got all this out of a book called How to Make a Pregnant Woman Happy, I have tried the c-bands, and small meals, that worked really good.
    HuntersMama09

Answer by HuntersMama09 at 5:18 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• if you don't eat at all it can make the nausea worse... try eating several small bland meals good luck i hated being sick with my kids :P
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 5:19 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• licorice root capsules, or ginger root capsules. Both work great.
    casd

Answer by casd at 5:23 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Well im 16 weeks I tried taking medicine but threw it back up, I tried eating little portions of food it helped a little bit. . After a while i just suffered it out now my body is getting use to different changes.
    mama2b17

Answer by mama2b17 at 5:48 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• bubbles... i know soda isn't the greatest thing during pregnancy, but carbonation was one of the few things that helped my nausea. and peppermint gum
    abelsmama07

Answer by abelsmama07 at 6:57 PM on Jun. 18, 2009