Do you do their laundry?

I do my 15 yr olds laundry because I am home now, I guess it gives me something to do because he doesn't need me much anymore. What do you guys do?

dillonsma

Asked by dillonsma at 5:11 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• I did my own laundry from age 13 till now. I dont have any teens but hubby and I tag team laundry it puts it in the washer and dryer and I fold it
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 5:13 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I have been doing my own laundry sense i was 11. ...my boys are still preschool aged so i have a while. But by the time they are teens they will be doing their own laundry.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 5:14 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• My 6 1/2yo and 9yo do their own laundry (I help, but still). My SO didn't even learn to use the washing machine until he moved from mommy's to my apartment when he was 21yo. So, my opinion is that every parent does it differently. As long as he knows how to do his own and is willing to help when needed, I don't see anything wrong with you doing it every now and then. Plus, going through pockets is probably a good way to keep an eye on his "extra-curricular" activities.
    Anonymous

• Don't worry I didn't do my own laundry until I turned 17.yrs old.
    Anonymous

• My children did not do their own laundry when they lived at home, and they lived here until they had finished their undergraduate degrees in college. I thought it was something I could do to help them out, give them more time to study, work, and help pay their way through school, which they all did. I was doing laundry anyway, and it was not that much trouble to do theirs. I even ironed their clothes for as long as they lived here. I hung them in their closets and I folded their underwear and put it away for them. They helped out here. The boys helped with the yard and the garden, and our daughter helped with the cleaning when there was time. My children all know how to do laundry, although the boys' wives now do theirs. I did not raise one shiftless, no good child. To the contrary, they all turned out to be outstanding productive citizens. I thought I was just being a good mom to them by doing their laundry.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 6:41 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Gosh no if they are old enough to wipe their buts then their old enough to do laundry my 19, 17 and 13 yr olds all do their own laundry i buy the detergent they clean their own..
    luckymom72

Answer by luckymom72 at 7:38 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• If I asked my mom to do my laundry, for no reason, she would laugh really hard.
    MammaBella

Answer by MammaBella at 7:53 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I am really anal about laundry and loading the dishwasher; I don't even let my husband do either. It does not make sense for our clothing to get washed separately, though my daughter does know how to sort laundry use the washer and dryer and the proper way to hang up wet clothes (we only put socks and towels in the dryer).

Answer by rkoloms at 9:54 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I have been doing my own laundry since I was 13. I would like to teach my 13 yr old son how to do laundry but he is afraid to go in our basement. It is a creepy, nasty basement in a 100 yr old house.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:06 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• my 14yr old has been doing her own laundry for 3 years, her own choice, I was not going to argue with her. she does a good job. although she doesnt fold the clothes, but i think thats too much to ask her,lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:46 AM on Jun. 19, 2009