How do you set TV, computer limits when their dad sets a horrible example?!

I'm trying so hard to limit the TV and computer time this summer. My kids are home all day long while I'm at work and I'm under the impression that since I laid down the law, their dad is enforcing the rules, but now watches TV and uses the computer all day instead of the kids! How do I get it through his head that this is NOT ok and sets a bad example?

sparrowprincess

Asked by sparrowprincess at 5:21 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• Get rid of cable. Take the keyboard to work with you. ;)
    smarshy

Answer by smarshy at 5:28 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• When you get the perfect answer, PLEASE let me know...Same happens at my house everyday too!
    rune2319

Answer by rune2319 at 5:31 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

haha good answer you just made my day.

as for the ? im not sure what to tell you other than point out that the kids are seeing him as a role model. i had a problem with my kids not eating veggies cause my hubby wouldnt, he hates veggies. but one night at dinner we were trying to get the kids to eat the veggies and finally i asked them why they werent doing it their answers was daddy doenst so we dont either, i looked at my husband and thats all it took, now he eats veggies all the time so the kids will also.
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 5:39 PM on Jun. 18, 2009