I know I have an older sister but she was put up for adoption at birth...How can I find her?

I dont know much about her besides where and when... She was born 12.24.82 Somewhere in MO. That is all I know but I would love to find her. My mother was 16 when she had her and that is the main reason for giving her up for adoption. If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be awesome!

mlmartinez

Asked by mlmartinez at 5:24 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Adoption

• anyone?
    mlmartinez

Answer by mlmartinez at 6:05 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I am happy to help in anyway that I can. Please send me a PM with the info you have, anything will help. I have searched and located a few, including my own birthfamily.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 6:06 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Do you know who helped your mom to handle the adoption? We found my husband's sister pretty easily once we learned which agency was used. I hope you can find her. Good luck!
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 10:25 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• You need to start at the adoption agency. Request "non-identifying information" and ask if there is anything in the file requesting contact. Then you need to find a search angel. Just google one in your state. You also need to register at Soundex (IRSS) and at Adoption.com. Good luck!!!

onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 10:21 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Oh yes. Do not pay anyone to search. If you feel like that's your only choice at least make sure it's "no find, no fee".
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 10:22 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• i have no idea what agency was used
    mlmartinez

Answer by mlmartinez at 10:52 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Your mother should know what agency was used. Won't she tell you? What about your grandparents? Aunts?
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 2:35 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I agree with onethentwins - keep trying to find someone who knows. It took a couple of years for us to find the agency name b/c my MIL was so overmedicated (long story, not appropriate here). Once we found the name, we found SIL quickly. We didn't know that we could find her for free so we paid the $100, but it was well worth it. My husband and his sister were thrilled to find each other, and she and her bmom (my MIL) were also very happy to get to know each other. I can say from experience that it is well worth the effort. Good luck!
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 3:47 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• If someone can find for $100 that's a deal and well worth it. some places charge hundreds and hundreds and basically string you along.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 1:55 AM on Jun. 20, 2009