Can anyone recommend any good dvd to order for my daughter that will be going to school this year to teach her to count and her alphabet? Also one that would teach my 6 yeard old to count to 100 before she goes to 1st grade.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:25 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I hear the Letter Factory and Number Factory dvds by LeapFrog are very good.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 6:04 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• See some here http://astore.amazon.com/wwwcjkidzcom-20?%5Fencoding=UTF8&node=17

Read the reviews and see what you like

momjs

Answer by momjs at 10:43 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• My son is 4 and can count up to 30...he knows his abc's too and it's all because of the letter factory and number factory or math circus from leap frog. it's in the form of a song so he's even learning the sounds of the letters...but it won't help your other child count to 100..it only counts up to 10.
    aidansmom111804

Answer by aidansmom111804 at 11:37 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• you can buy (only online) sight words. it teaches them all their letters and how to read all their sight words...my 2 yr old could read better than a 6 yr old.

Also flashcards work....working with someone usually works better than sitting them down infront of a tv
    kaylajean86

Answer by kaylajean86 at 7:24 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Try starfall.com for letter learning. It is a really good website. You should use hundreds charts to help with the counting. Start slowly. Google them, and you will find tons for free on the internet. Once they get to 30, there is a clear pattern that is easy to pick up on. Try teaching A to Z for ideas.

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 9:20 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Literacycenter.net is great for the younger child. It is an online websight.
    LovetoTeach247

Answer by LovetoTeach247 at 3:47 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• We do foam letters and numbers in the bathtub. He knows them when I ask. They even go by colors too. My mom runs a daycare and suggests counting to 20 by school. We also do 'I spy' with things at home or in public to make it fun. Alphabet soup? Most of the games we get besides cars and trucks are learning games so we just kind of learn it on the way to good family time together.
    CammyLStevens

Answer by CammyLStevens at 12:33 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• How about teaching her yourself instead of relying on the electronic babysitter to do it for you?
    Jordanplustwo

Answer by Jordanplustwo at 9:13 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Blue Clues ABCs and 123s is a cute DVD for the younger one.Also just making it fun, just singing the ABCs to your child a lot, and I liked the previous answer with the foam numbers and letters for the bath. Those are my daughters FAVORITES she just likes to stick them on the bath wall in order, it makes her so proud of herself! Puzzles like the Melissa and Doug number and alphabet puzzles are great tools as well! My daughter is 2 and a half and she knows her whole alphabet and can count to 20. Every child learns a different way! Hope this helps!
    KaItLyNsMa21

Answer by KaItLyNsMa21 at 10:26 PM on Jun. 21, 2009