are there cartoons you dont let your kids watch?

My son is the cartoon kid. he loves any and all cartoons. He is only two and although he may not understand certain stuff, there are things i just wont let him watch. Yo gabba gabba i think is just weird and I dont want him watcehing it, spongbob I hate the way they talk, back at the barn yard is another whos language isnt apporite for kids. and teletubbies because they mumble. I loe noggin.

juansmommy

Asked by juansmommy at 5:25 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• penguins of madagascar, back at the barnyard, the incredible misadventures of flapjack.....
    Anonymous

• yogabbagabba is probably one of the best cartoons out there. i think its weird too. i cant stand it. but i let my boys watch it because they remember stuff from that show.

almost anything that ISNT on noggin or PBS my kids are NOT allowed to watch.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 5:27 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• you son is 2 and you don't think he understands what's going on on the tv? then you're living in a bubble or something. my son is two and learns alot from tv. i only let him watch shows that teach things, like manners, imagination, abc's, 123's, ect. he doesn't watch them all day, i teach him things on my own, but sometimes he'll come to me and say somthing that he learned from the tv. like spongebob. that cartoon is meaningless, just shows an "adult" (or young teen, who knows, he's got a job though) acting like a 2 year old. what good does that do for a child? nothing. it teaches him it's ok to act like a kid all the time instead of growing up. sorry, i got carried away..
    Anonymous

• wiggles...i decided that before i even had kids
    Anonymous

• If it is on the Cartton Network it probably isn't allowed at my house. In fact I blocked the channel altogether. There is very little even on Nickolodean anymore. Mostly PBS. I limit TV time though so it isn't a big issue. If you have a 2 yr old..you need to curb the couch potato habit NOW, before it is a bigger issue.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:34 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• LOL oh yes wiggles is annoying lol. I dont see anything wrong with the show i just hate it lol, but my son hasnt ever showed an interest. I alsdo didnt mean that two years olds dont understand, i meant some cartoons say things that are over there heads. my son has learned stuff from tv as well:)
    juansmommy

Answer by juansmommy at 5:36 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• well not only cartoons, but supernanny and wifeswap is now NOT allowed. i used to watch supernanny and yell at the tv to whip that kids butt lmao. but then my son started acting like them, got a few ideas from the kids. yep, i set that straight and it's not even allowed on the tv anymore. i also agree with cartoon network. remember when we were kids? they were actually good cartoons. i do like the boomerange channel though, it shows all of the cartoons we grew up with.
    Anonymous

• My son never had restrictions. He is smart, well mannered and not a couch potato or fat. We used anything we saw a an opportunity to talk and teach. He was never sheltered from anything. He is has his head on his shoulders and is has way more empathy and compassion than many his age. He is also very trustworthy and make better judgement than most his age too. He is 13.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:55 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I will not allow spongebob on any tv anywhere near my daughter, I cant stand it. Ohter than that I havent really came across anything that I would NOT allow her to watch. She likes Little Einstiens, Backyardigans, Wubzzy, Handy Many, Mickey Mouse, and occationaly will watch Dora, Diego, or Yo Gabbagabba. I watch the cartoons with her most of the time and talk to her during the show to teach her stuff. I found that Noggin is a really good channel if I have to leave the tv on for any length of time. She likes the moose and the games they do between shows. I like the moose because he teaches manners, memory, and music.
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 6:05 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• the list would be shorter if i said the ones i DO let him watch... jack's big music show, little bill, wonder pets... and he watches alot of the pixar movies...
    abelsmama07

Answer by abelsmama07 at 6:55 PM on Jun. 18, 2009