If I am not dilating, but contracting.....

I am having contractions 3-5 minutes apart... for three days now, they sent me home from the ER saying that I was not dilating...

Now how long do I honestly have to suffer through these before they do something?
This is not a little bit of pain... I am doubled over all the time, my back is killing me, and I am so wore out from not being able to rest that i just want to cry....Has anyone gone through this? What did they do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:35 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I went through this, only not as extreme. Finally my water broke and I went to the hospital. I ended up having to have a c-section because of the baby poop and I was stuck at a 1cm.
    ours

Answer by ours at 5:36 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• you're technically not in labor till your 4cm. they sent me home with a sleeping pill while having contractions under 5 min apart. would've stayed like that but thankfully my water broke. oh yeah i was 7 days late already too
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 5:38 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• check out spinningbabies.com

Sometimes if the cervix is not dilating but you are contracting it can be because the baby is rotated wierd or the head is flexed or somehting not letting the head push directly on the cervix. There are some excersizes on there that might be uncomfortable while contracting, but if it is why you arent dilating it definitely should help a lot.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 6:28 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• It sounds like prodromal labor and it can take weeks, its more common than people think. Hang in there, try to relax as much as possible and make sure that you are well hydrated.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 8:36 AM on Jun. 19, 2009