trying this again

Okay so I had to get my wedding ring cut off (i couldn't get it off, i was too swollen) and all they were supposed to do was resize it. Well they cut some of the detail etching off the sides and made it really sharp, needless to say I was pissed. Well I sent it back to let them try to fix it, did they, hell no!!! I think that they should pay to have my ring replaced since they messed it up, the value is a little over $4,200... but all they're saying they can do is let them "try" to fix it again and refund me the $56.00 I paid to have it sized. I think that's such bull crap & they should pay me the $56.00 PLUS the $4,200... what do you think? I'm probally going to take them to court.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:37 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Money & Work

• you are some bitches
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:14 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I think you're wasting your time. There is no way you'd get the full $4200-- the most you'd get is $56-- the value of services you paid for. They were not at fault for you having to have the ring cut off. Additionally, assuming the etching did not cost $4,200, you have a responsibility for mitigating damages. That means that you need to salvage what you can-- the stone, the gold, etc.

You paid to have the ring resized-- did you honestly have an expectation that the etching would be exactly the same? I can understand smoothing it, but really-- exactly the same??

A court is going to look at what you paid for vs. what you got, and what should have been a reasonable expectation. For $56, you got resizing with reasonable comfort, not resizing and additional etching to match exaclty what you had before. I would have expected something like that to cost way more than $56.

Anonymous

• its the risk u took
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 9:53 PM on Jun. 18, 2009