What is the book you are reading now...

(or have most recently read) on the topic of religion, spirituality, mythology, beliefs, etc.? Besides the recognized Holy Book/s of your faith.

Collinsky

Asked by Collinsky at 5:38 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I just finished "The Idiots Guide to Wicca & Witchcraft," and I am currently reading "The Idiots Guide to the Law Of Attraction" and Today I got and started a new one "The Everything Paganism Book."

I love these guides! They are always packed full of interesting things and are a nice easy way to unwind at the end of the day or at nap time. I get to learn and refresh spiritually as well as just relax because I don't have to worry that my brain will feel like swiss cheese when I'm done reading...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:57 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I finished a Scott Cunnigham book not long ago. I need to start on the next one. I also have a budahism book i bought for my mom that i got back when she died that i would like to read.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 5:41 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I just finished reading *Which was Witch* Tales of ghosts and magic from Korea...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 5:43 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I'm reading "23 minutes in hell",about a man who was actually taken to hell,by God,and was brought back to share what he saw. It's very interesting,and amazing,how much God loves us,and doesn't want to see anyone end up there.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 5:44 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• The Secret Life of Boys also reading Eckhart Tolle, The Power of Now.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 5:51 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Just finished Essentials of Hinduism and am starting to read one called Hinduism(its part of a "teach yourself" series of books). Its goal is to help you(the reader) have an in-depth understanding of whatever religion you are reading.

Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 6:17 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I love the Idiots Guide series of books, they really are chuck full of good info.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 6:19 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I last read Owen Chadwick's A History of Christianity. I'm currently reading Renovation of the Heart: Putting On the Character of Christ, The Tao is Silent (again), and Buddhism from the Library of World Religions set that I have. As I do this (rather slowly, lol, as I'm reading fiction aloud to my son more often now) I'm going back and copying my notes in the ones I've already read from the book itself (yeah, I mark all over my books, I can't help it. I can't read if I can't take notes and write notes in them.) to my computer so I can get my notes organized well enough to start writing and sourcing like I want.
    There are a lot of books I would recommend, if anyone needs any recommendations, lol.
    =)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 6:20 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Well, I am reading Dreamcatchers. It is about the history of how the Native American religion has been treated since Europeans landed here. It's not really a nap-time book, but I like it.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 6:21 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• The Five Love Languages. Its pretty good so far.
    marinewifey25

Answer by marinewifey25 at 6:21 PM on Jun. 18, 2009