How long before bed do you cut off caffeine and sugar?

For yourself and for your children. What ages are your children that you limit in this fashion?

Mom1Stepmom1

Asked by Mom1Stepmom1 at 5:42 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I usually don't have any more caffeine than my one cup of coffee in the morning, anything later will affect my sleep, I know that's probably not normal, just have a weird system, I guess:) As for my daughter, she's too young for caffeine and I don't give her much sugar anyway, but if I do it's never much past the afternoon.
    Elsasmom

Answer by Elsasmom at 6:53 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• for myself, i dont..it doesnt affect me getting to sleep..my daughter is 5..and she doesnt really drink pop to often anyways,,and sugar..well..sugars in everything..but would i go and give her a choc. bar before bed?? no..nothing like that after supper..but she will have a yogort, or a cheesestring or chips
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 5:47 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• 13 and never had a cut-off.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:49 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I mean more the added sugars than natural sugars.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 5:49 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• my childrens sugar and caffine is limited all day long. nothing changes just because it is closer to bed time. They are 3 1/2 and 4 1/2. ...i dont limit myself really. but i certianly would not be able to drink a coffee right before bed.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 5:50 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I buy caffeine free pop so coffee and tea are the only caffeinated beverages in our house.  I switch to defaf coffee after supper.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 5:56 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• i limit all the time too. The real thing came from this : My brother in law doesn't let his kids have added sugar or caffeine within two hours of bedtime. His ex wife thinks this is ridiculous, and believes the kids shouldn't have limits. He said he would do what he felt was best while the kids were in his home and she should feel free to do the same. He was explaining this to my husband and we have always had a two hour rule at home too excepting special occasions. So we were just curious to see what was common.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 5:57 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• My son is 13 and I don't cut him off. I also don't cut myself off either. We both fall asleep without any issues and he has no problems with caffiene or sugar.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:47 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• One cup of coffee in the morning and decaf tea during the day. I don't drink soft drinks because I just would rather have water. No crazy health nut reason. I just like water better.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:37 PM on Jun. 18, 2009