Pagan opinions please.

Does the fact that pagan has been used as an insult (first against Christians, then by them) bother you?

It personally does not bother me. But i do wish they'd come up with a more descriptive and (IMHO) more accurate deffinantion for todays 'modern' pagans.

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 5:46 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• no it doesnt bother me at all
    nakita72

Answer by nakita72 at 9:25 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Nope. Not at all. I am proud to be pagan. It means great things to me! So, no, it doesn't bother me in the least. I figure the word woman can be used as an insult too, but it doesn't bother me to be one. Pagan is the same way.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:00 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• No. I really dont even think about it. If they use it as an insult towards me, it bypasses me LOL.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 6:12 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Not really. I do agree I wish they would find a better term because "pagan" is to broad of a term.
    Anonymous

• No, not really. Just about any word can be used as an insult, depending on how it is said. What matters to me is how I interpret it.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 6:15 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• no,, because like many definitions, they have changed throughout time..

there are a lot of words that use to mean something completely different than they mean now.. if made up a new word for Pagans.. you'd have to for a few hundred others as well.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 6:43 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I agree, any word can be used as a insult.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 7:04 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I'm not a pagan but many names have been used as an insult, jew for example, right now I think muslim is being used that way. I think it is probably more proper to capitalize the religion to refer specifically to those who practice.

teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 9:56 PM on Jun. 18, 2009