• In the Spotlight:

baby shower ???

how far should one wait to have a baby shower? i was eight months with my last and i didnt have time to go threw any of it to see what else i needed. would oct be to soon if im due in dec??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:48 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I agree with the previous poster! Baby Showers are for FIRST time moms...unless it's been 10+ years since you had your last child.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:01 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• If you are having a different sex child you can have a baby shower. You will be getting something you did not get before.
    If it is the same sex you can have meet the baby get together.
    Oct. sounds good, not to early.
    P.S. you do whatever you want
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 6:05 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Baby Showers are for FIRST time moms, it's not everyone Else's responsibility to help support your kid, if you can't afford him/her you shouldn't have gotten knocked up!
    Anonymous

• Why are Baby Showers for 1st time Moms only??? Don't you think every baby deserves new things??? Why if you have 3 kids your 1st baby gets all the new things and your 2nd and 3rd get hand me downs??? And don't say well if you have that many kids you should be able to buy your own things. I for one can afford my 3 children but people come to showers because they want to shower the new baby with gifts. I think every baby deserves a baby shower.

And to OP I think 2 months before is perfect, it's not too early or too late.
    Anonymous

• Seriously? I'm sorry but I don't agree with the other posters...A babyshower is a great opportunity for women to come together and not only celebrate the pregnancy and expectant mother, but to share birth stories, words of wisdom and boost a woman up for the labor and delivery that lies ahead. No matter how many children you have, we all need that support and love. Baby showers are not only about dumb games and gifts. I think people forget this.
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 6:15 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• If people want to get you a gift for the baby that's fine, but don't force them into it by having a shower!
    Anonymous

• I hope you're not throwing yourself a shower? If you are, that's really rude. Showers are for others to throw for you, and if they want to throw them for your additional children, then that's their perogative-- just enjoy!
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 8:25 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I agree with the PP about throwing your own baby shower--that's just not appropriate, but assuming you didn't mean that, no, 2 months before your due date is not too early! I'm due on Halloween and my shower is August 1st because it's out of state and that's when everyone can be there, so it will be 3 months early.
    AutumnBlessing

Answer by AutumnBlessing at 10:05 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• my mom wants to throw the shower, its been six years just so everyone knows. and this wasnt planned, i have gotten rid of all my daughters things, and my family is strong believers of havin a baby shower for each baby, sort of a first birth day. thanks for all your answers
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Jun. 19, 2009