those who use Enfamil A.R.

Does anyone else have trouble getting this stuff mixed up well? It chunks up on me so bad and I even use a mixer, after slowly mixing it with a fork a little at a time.

c2customs

Asked by c2customs at 6:02 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I hated it... it always look so gross and thick to me. I switched his formula and just added a little cereal.
    HannahLee87

Answer by HannahLee87 at 6:05 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• After my breast milk ran out, the only formula my son would drink was the Enfamil Lacto-Free. He hated everything else we tried. The Lacto-Free seems a lot smoother and it mixes really well, even with cold water.

This wasn't part of your question, but the first mother to answer mentioned it... As far as adding cereal, if you're thinking about it, I recommend Google-ing that first and reading some of the facts. There is a lot of information available to us now that our mothers and their mothers didn't know about or have access to. Cereal is made to be eaten separately, not added to bottles, so I did a lot of research on the subject. I chose to feed it from a bowl as soon as mine was 6 months old. Make sure you do your own research before you take a random stranger's advice.... even mine :-)
    Anonymous

• i was told my babys doc to NEVER give cereal in the bottle for one they need to learn how to eat with a spoon and for two even though u can buy bottles made for cereal the docs says its not a good idea baby needs to be sittng up and eating it with a spoon
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 6:27 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I was told to add a little to his bottle to help with is acid reflux
    HannahLee87

Answer by HannahLee87 at 6:35 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• warming up the water first helps some. My son is on A.R . too.
    SweetMama823

Answer by SweetMama823 at 8:48 AM on Jun. 19, 2009