Games for 2 years - 10 year old

Hi,
I am having a picnic where there are a range of kids between 2 and 10 years old. Any ideas on games for kids with their parents to do at the picnic?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:11 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Entertainment

• water balloon toss... three legged race.. bubbles... squirt guns.... sprinklers.... hoola hoops...any kind of relay race...its amazing that all the stuff we loved as kids, the kids still love- I think that is why I love picnics!
    teampalmer4

Answer by teampalmer4 at 6:19 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I'd add Frisbee to the great ideas by teampalmer4
    Anonymous

• Water balloon toss or fights are always a huge hit at our parties - teampalmer has it right. Wheelbarrow races, obstacle courses...all of the classics. Maybe also hit Oriental Trading Co online and get some cheesy things for prizes. Bragging rights are an important part! LOL!
    deadheadjen

Answer by deadheadjen at 1:16 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Hi Everyone:
    Thank you for all your great responses to games for 2 - 10 year olds. My picnic was a success because the kids loved throwing the water balloons...I think 140 waterballoons for 8 kids were gone in about 10 minutes. The three legged race was tons of fun and laughter, especially for the Au Pairs in our group who did it with thier host children. The kids also liked a relay game I did with a large pink marshmallow on a spoon they they had to carry while they walked quickly to win the race. Thanks again for your wonderful ideas! Visit my website at: jpatterson.aupairnews.com
    jpatte

Answer by jpatte at 9:58 AM on Jun. 22, 2009