Really tired at 19 weeks... normal?

So I've been way tired this last week or so. Not sure why or anything but I just never seem to want to get out of bed and when I do I dread going to work or even the store! What makes it worse is that today I wanted so bad to call in and have my SO call in to cause I just want to stay in bed all day and have him hold me. Am I possibly coming down with something or is it normal to be really tired for weeks at a time with no explanation?

Jessie1689

Asked by Jessie1689 at 6:15 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yep, normal. check with your doctor too, you may be anemic (sp?) while prenant...i am
    Anonymous

• im 19 weeks too and I relax a lot. I do a lot of resting besides the early part of my day when i wake up from 10:30a-5p after 5 I just hope theres nothing else I have to do and go lay down and get on the comp and wait for my SO to get off work
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 6:20 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I was having similar issues during my pregnancy last year. I worked full time all the way up until my due date, it's tough. However, when I doubled the amount of water I was drinking per day and took an iron supplement in addition to the prenatal (per my doc's suggestion) it really helped. I had a lot more energy and was able to make it through work each day... of course, I was falling asleep on the couch by 8 pm, but I think that's normal :-) Good luck!

Remember... drink more water! I used to hate water, so if I can do it, anyone can! :-)
    IndieRockMommy

Answer by IndieRockMommy at 6:23 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• You're lucky you made it that long without extreme fatigue.... I was like that from week 5 with the twins.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 6:46 PM on Jun. 18, 2009