kids dont listen to me when dad is home

my two year old and one year old are very well behaved . my son knows please, thank you excuse me etc. They dont really ever give me too many problems. If i say something they usally do it, however on there dads day off, they seem to be under some kind of impression what I say doesnt go. like if i tell them no they go ask there dad, or if i say something they wont do it but if dad says it they do it without question or fuss. My husband has explained to them if mommy says no then daddy is too, if mommy says to do something you do it. They dont misbehave just think they only need to listen to dad. my dh is a very small man with a softer voice so im not sure hwy they do this. anybody eleses kids do this? how do u react

juansmommy

Asked by juansmommy at 6:15 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in General Parenting

• it sounds like dad is trying to teach them that mom has to be listened to so it will be fine.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:42 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Do what Kate Gosselin does: beat them.
    Anonymous

• Since Dad is working WITH you on this, the problem should be short-lived. Maybe they just want as much interaction with him as possible since they are with you every day! You are lucky your husband is on your side! Yay!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 9:26 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I keep seeing all of these posts mentioning this Kate person. I really don't care about pop-culture, but I am curious about why the world seems to be obsessed with her.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:53 AM on Jun. 19, 2009