what is the survival rate for a threating misscariage?

im 9 weeks pregnant and im was bleeding heavy and havin cramps so i went to the er, the dr tld me they couldnt find a heart beat and that this means im haing a threating misscarriage. thankfully my cervix is closed but he told me tht the baby has a 50/50 % chance of makin it. i was wonderin has there been any healthy pregnancies tht have gone through the same complications?

trod4

Asked by trod4 at 6:19 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• mine
    trentntats

Answer by trentntats at 6:20 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I have never heard of it before. I hope that everything works out for you and your baby!!
    Anonymous

• not mine but every pregnancy has a 1 in 5 chance of miscarrying so 20 percent....Just lay down and relax, put your feet up, start drinking water and take ur prenatals....relaxing and drinking water is probably the best thing u can do....If you have a hubby or SO around use them to ur advantage and dont even gedt out of bed if u may be miscarrying and theres any chancde of survival for the baby
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 6:23 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Sorry hun. I know it is scary. Are they checking your hcg levels too? They should take 2 blood draws, 48 hours apart and see if the numbers are raising, or dropping. It is a much better indicator of how the pregnancy is going than ultrasound if you are doing it before the heart starts to beat.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 6:31 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I have not been in your situation, but I am sorry that you are going through it. The best thing you can do, is relax and stay calm, like Dom123123 said. Stress has actually been proven to increase risks of miscarriages so just try and relax as much as you can, eat healthy, drink plenty of fluids, take your vitamins, get good rest, and try not to over do it. It may help, and it may not. Miscarriages are actually very common and usually happen naturally, meaning most of them are not caused by something the mother did or didn't do, so if you do end up having a miscarriage, just know that it unfortunately is a natural thing and that it was not your fault, and keep on trying for that baby! Good luck to you. I hope everything goes well.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 6:52 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• i had the same thing happen to me on June 4 my dr office said to go to the er and i did they didnt find a heart beat they told me they were going to see if i misscarried on mu own if not by june 9 they were going to check and make sure no heart beat and if there wasnt they will do d&c i end up misscarring on the june 7 and had d&c on the june 8 i no this isnt anything you want to know but i do agree with Dom123123 on 1 in 5 thats what the er dr said to me if you want to talk ill be here for you i know how it is

i do hope everything is fine my prayer are with you and your family
    neonangel2188

Answer by neonangel2188 at 8:54 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• i feel bad answering cuz i know what you want to hear. i felt the same way. i was in the hosp with bleeding my cervix was closed and they couldnt find a heartbeat. i miscarried 2 days later. dont stress yourself out. whats gonna happen will happen. its nothing you can control. good luck
    longonevs

Answer by longonevs at 9:44 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I started having heavy bleeding at 9 weeks of this pregnancy and it went on till 18 weeks but not always heavy mostley some here and there but the first time I bleed it was heavy and I went through like 3-4 pads in an hour, but my cervix was closed and baby had a heartbeat. I found out I had a hemmorhage. It lasted till 18weeks cause for a little bit my placenta was blocking the blood from getting out so the blood stayed where it was and didn't come out alot till the placenta moved. I'm almost 37weeks now and am great!! I had a few episodes during that time that the blood was alot and scared me and they told me I was having a threatened miscarrage.
    knlhall

Answer by knlhall at 9:57 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• wow this sounds like me last friday. Im so sorry but I lost my baby. Your baby has no heart beat. She is gone. It is the hardest hing that I have gone. through. I pray for you and your family. I started bleeding on thrusday and I lost the baby on monday.
    vickyburns

Answer by vickyburns at 11:21 PM on Jun. 18, 2009