Why is it....I truly don't understand...

Why is it that people post questions about serious personal issues in the hopes of finding comfort and encouragement from other mom's....whether they can relate or not....and instead all they end up with is bashing from people who want to point fingers, call names, and place blame, instead of genuinely trying to help someone in need? I truly don't understand...and I think it's appalling.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:22 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Amen!
    neveragain17

Answer by neveragain17 at 6:24 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Wow are you having a bad day?
    Anonymous

• I have done it knowing I will get bashed, but truely needed an opion. When you need some advice the jerks who put you down dont matter, just the people who actually are here willing to help not be B**CHES
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 6:26 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Actually, I'm not having a bad day at all. I just see so many people's questions on here get torn to pieces when it seems to me like they are just looking for, like I said, a little bit of comfort and kind words, and genuine advice on something in their life that they are having difficulty with. That is one of the things this site is for, is it not....finding other mom's and women who can relate to you? And by posting something like that, Anon 4:26, you are doing exactly what I see so often on here. Someone asks a simple, straightforward question, and instead of just answering it in a kind, helpful, understanding way, someone makes a remark that turns even the smallest thing into a big issue. -OP
    Anonymous

• Yes---why did the poster ask "Are you having a bad day?" that was rude. I understand what you are saying. Some questions that are asked are rather odd or naive and seem to inspire bashing. I mean...how many "Could I be pregnant? " questions do we need? The answer to that question is "Get a pregnancy test" or "See your Doctor"....but I bet there are some snotty responses. LOl. I don't know. ;-)
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 6:39 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Don't get me wrong, there are TONS of the exact same questions on here day after day after day...like your example of the "Could I be pregnant?" question. And there isn't much more you can do but answer to go take a pregnancy test or go see your doctor, but all the same, even if it's a question you've seen a hundred times, you could simply answer it nicely without bringing up the fact that it's been asked a thousand times, or you could just not answer it, instead of saying something rude to someone. More than anything, though, I mean more SERIOUS questions about relationships and marriage and parenting and what not...things that someone might TRULY need help with, and not just someone telling them they are an idiot! -OP
    Anonymous

• i agree i was called a stupid bitch. i just asked how long it took to potty train their shih tzu
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 6:59 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• the same reason people post anon.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:45 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I agree!

"If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." I just wish more people followed that.
    Krystinplus3

Answer by Krystinplus3 at 8:40 PM on Jun. 18, 2009