terrible twos

Any suggestions?

deniselvt

Asked by deniselvt at 6:28 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• RUN AND HIDE LOL!!!!
    Anonymous

• With my daughter I dont do anything differently...if she is acting up I remove her from the situation give her a min to cool down and then I talk with her about it, and it seems to be working
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 6:29 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• i agree with the first reply...lol. also, buy a tape recorder, you'll find yourself repeating yourself over and over and over and over and over again...
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 6:42 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• The best piece of advice I have read is in the Dr. Sears Discipline Book.

He says you need to be a facilitator.

This means, when your child reaches for that cord, and throws a fit when you interfere you need to do 2 things:

1. Don't leave the cord there.

2. Remove him from the situation and immediately offer something you know he likes (like "lets go read books" or "lets go have a snack" etc.

Does that make sense?

You should check out the book, you can get it around $10 in amazon and it's great.
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 9:13 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Be consistent with discipline, rewards and expectations.

Remember that 3 is worse and 4 is better.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:03 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• wow, if my son went toward a cord, actually lets say a socket, cuz he used to like those, all i did was take him away from it, of course he'd go to it again, take him from it again, and if there was a third time he'd get a pop on the hand and a firm NO. he's never touched them since he was 6 months. stopped him from touching them in a week. needless to say, don't be afraid to pop them once or twice if you have to.
    Anonymous