im at a loss.

My dd will be 1 next week. and try as i do i cannot seem to lose the last of the weight. I only gained 25 lbs during my pregnancy and i lost it all really really fast (sleep deprivation will do that to you!) but then as my DD developed a schedule i started actually having the time/energy to make myself something to eat and BAM it alllllllllllllll came back with a vengence!!!!! I really dont know what to do anymore. Any advice would help at this point, and also i feel like since DD was born i have like wrinkles and old looking skin and im only 22 so if you know anything about that too id apreciate it. i dont have a ton of money i stay home and am in school so keep those things in mind

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:29 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Go for a walk with your daughter every day. Push her in her stroller while you take a half hour walk. That's a good way to start since you didn't indicate what you have done so far. Also, make sure you're eating well- this does not mean starving yourself! You need to have at least 1200 calories per day. Add more fiber to your diet (fruits and veggies are great sources), and drink half of your body's weight in ounces of water per day (example: If you weigh 140 lbs, drink 70 ounces of water per day). The water will also help with your skin.
    Anonymous

• i'm 22 and i have 2 kids, in the past 2 years. great huh? lol. so baby fat i know, and stretch marks too. nothing much you can do about the marks, but the fat, i just started by counting my calories, walking at least 30 minutes every day. i went down 3 pant sizes in a month and a half. go to sparkpeople.com. it helps you count calories, helps you on your food, your daily intake, and it gives you cardio excercises to do. it's totally free. GL
    Anonymous

• I TOTALLY know how you are feeling....my daughter will be one on Saturday and I desperately want to get rid of the rest of the baby weight. I try and do something active every day, regardless of whether it is taking a walk or doing some crunches or whatever. I have SUCH a busy schedule that I never can seem to find time to truly work out on a regular basis, though I'm hoping to start now that the baby is a little older....but I figure if I eat healthy and do SOME type of regular exercise, it's better then nothing! And I also find that doing something I truly enjoy is much easier then trying to force myself to do something I don't really like to do. I take a dance class once a week that is GREAT exercise and fun, and that's much more appealing to me then some other things might be.
    Anonymous

• go to my-calorie-counter.com. (at everydayhealth.com)
    if you are anything like i was a couple months ago, you have no idea how many calories are in the stuff you eat daily. set a target weight and a target daily caloric intake (i think the average is 2000). then just start reading the nutritional value on what you buy at the grocery store. the site allows you to enter everything you eat, so you know where you stand with calories, sugar, fat, protein, etc... its time consuming at first, but becomes an easy routine once you get used to it.
    i saw the pounds melt off!
    i was worried that i wouldnt get to snack anymore, but i was wrong. (im a big snacker). blue bunny makes some great, low cal fudgesicles and frozen yogurt bars, and there are 100 calorie packs of many different cookies and crackers. also try jello sugar free pudding!
    other good stuff- fruit, black or refried beans, turkey, tuna, the list goes on!
    good luck!
    mama_moonsong

Answer by mama_moonsong at 6:42 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• You sound dehydrated, You should be drinking at least 8 8oz glasses of waer a day.

Are you eating a healthy diet? Every day you should eat:
    7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables, in at least 3 different colors
    6-7 servings of whole grains
    2 servings of legumes (beans, nuts, tofu, lentils, etc.).

Eat an apple or a big pile of veggies before meals.

I have a ton of healthy, tasty, family and budget friendly recipes, contact me if you would like some.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:43 AM on Jun. 19, 2009