Fathers day ?

So my parents and my in laws both live in the same town as us. My husband would like to spend fathers day w/ me and our 2 kids doing what we like to do. Is it wrong for us not to go to my parents or my in-laws to celebrate fathers day w/ them? Its not like our dads don't see us or our kids, they see them a lot. We will still get our dads something, and celebrate anotherr day, just not on fathers day. Is this selfish?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:55 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• I think unless they are overly understanding that they would think it was selfish. I wouldn't want to make anyone upset, so I would just stop by to drop off the gift. I know my family is crazy about every holiday. It makes it really hard on me, my kids, and dh, especially with kids. People should just be more understanding, but they are not.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 7:03 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• No it is not selfish. Visit with dad and father-in-law a different day. They should understand.  I am sure they had this situation come up with their own father.

If you need father's day ideas you can see some here  http://www.cjkidz.com/Fathersday.html

momjs

Answer by momjs at 7:06 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• that is not selfish at all i would do the same thing....exp if ur family sees a lot of eachother sometimes its good to have a break and just spend it with ur kids and man.....if they dont like it OH WELL
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 7:07 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Thank you mama2my2boys!!!!! I totally agree w/ you. The thing is, is that my mom is giving my shit over it, and its ticking me off. This is a day that we will spend as a family, and not be running around doing other things that need to get done. We are taking the day to spend together, w/ out work and etc....
    Anonymous

• I run into this problem with my mil. She has actually told me to my face that she was a mom first, so until she dies, mother's day belongs to her! Screw me and screw my mom, I guess. Anyways, to avoid trauma, I just let her have the day. It's one day and I can have whichever other day I choose to spend with my dh and kids. Fortunately, our dads are better behaved than that.
    sparrowprincess

Answer by sparrowprincess at 8:59 PM on Jun. 18, 2009