Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my daughter got a bee sting ...

Oh her foot late yesterday even. It hurt but we got the stinger out. It swelled alittle. We gave her a bendryal ( not sure the spelling )Then she went on to bed. This Morning she got up and her whole foot was swelled up to the point it hurt to bend at the ankle. So we put Ice on it and gave her another bendryal. Now this even the swelling really hasn't gone down any and her foot is starting to turn red from the ankle down. Has anyone else had this happen to them? Should I think of taken her to the ER?

Answer Question
 
Shaqbe4u

Asked by Shaqbe4u at 7:15 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Health

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • I would definitely take her to her doctor. That sounds like a nasty reaction.
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:19 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

  • It sounds like she's allergic to bees and she needs medical help right away, call your doctor first though.
    countingsparows

    Answer by countingsparows at 8:18 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

  • Have you tried to put baking soda on it yet to draw out the poison? If not make a paste of baking soda and a few drops of water. Then call the doctor. The baking soda should draw out the poison that was left from the stinger. If it isn't any better by to night I would take her to the ER and have them look at it. She could very well have an allergy to bees.
    homealone_10

    Answer by homealone_10 at 9:22 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN