ok so im watching that new show 16 and pregnant on mtv-

ok first off- what pregnant person rides a 4wheeler 8 months pregnant- is that even safe? and second of all- so far with what I am seeing- this show is going to make a whole lot of young girls want to get pregnant- they're making it seem so cool and so hip- they didnt even show the labor and delivery- its half over so I'll see if they show the hard reality of raising a new born- if u are watching this show- or have seen it- what do u think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:27 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I haven't watched it but I've seen it while channel-surfing. I'm not sure what it's all about but if it's anything like what you're describing then that's freakin crazy. That's like on one of my soap operas there's a 16 year old girl that gets pregnant and now she has the baby and lives at home and her family just thinks it's the best thing ever. Sometimes it works that way but we shouldn't be teaching teens that or else they'll think "Hey, maybe I should have sex with Johnny because if we accidentally get pregnant it's really not that bad."
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:33 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• i liked the show tru i didnt like that it didnt show how painful labor is and she didnt even try to breastfeed but i mean it did show how hard it can be and that just becasue a couple has a baby it doesnt mean everything will be ok
    Memosmom

Answer by Memosmom at 7:39 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I've seen that episode and yes it is ridiculous! No it is not safe to ride a 4-wheeler when you are 8 months pregnant...probably not safe during pregnancy at all. And I love how the 16 year old girl has her own house with her fiance and is going to have a summer wedding next year if everything works out okay. UNREALISTIC! Most 16 year olds will end up living with their parents for a very long time, not living in a nice house with their boyfriend or baby daddy. Yepp and they didn't even show the labor or delivery. All they said was "uh oh I think its time." and then fast forward to after the baby is born and everyone is all happy. Its a stupid show and they need to quit glamorizing teen pregnancy because I can tell you this...its not at all what it seems like on tv.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 7:42 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I've never seen in either.. I've seen the underage and engaged and I thought that was pretty good b/c it was very realistic about how hard a relationship can be to keep together..
    Anonymous

• I have seen it and all they showed was her saying she was in labor for 30 hours, I don't think at 8 months she should be riding a 4wheeler the way they were but i am 8 months a still take my lil girl on our 4wheeler to go look for berries we are not jumping dirt piles or anything and we berely make our 10mph she is only 4.
    Anonymous

• I actually like the show. I just finished watching the last episode that was on and have a reminder set to watch the new one coming on later tonight. The show does show teens that it is hard sometimes. It doesn't show everything but it shows parts. Then girl on the last episode was saying how she never gets to do anything, that she's resentful of her fiance because he gets to do things, she had to quit dancing because other things are more important, and her fiance was saying that the only reason they were together was because of the baby.
    bassyentihw

Answer by bassyentihw at 8:40 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I like the show. No it doesn't show the labor & all that, BUT it shows the hardest part...raising a baby when your still a baby yourself. I've only seen the first episode, you know..the one where the bf was a piece of crap!! now that's realistic!
    riceswife

Answer by riceswife at 9:05 PM on Jun. 18, 2009