Moms who hit their kids: how can you justify abusing your child...a child you held close to your heart for 9-10 months? Have you no shame?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:42 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in General Parenting

• Because many don't realize there are other ways to discipline. Then they say they'd hate to see my kids because I don't spank. I don't HAVE to spank my children.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 7:57 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Do you mean HIT, or spank.

For moms who abuse, shame on you.

For moms who discipline out of love, with patience and teaching. Hooray for you for loving your child enough to take control of their behavior.
    Anonymous

• What every !! I would hate to see what yours is gona be like when they become teenagers and you are unable to control them. ( just hope I don't live in your neighborhood when he or she starts stealing and doing drugs, cause you have NO authority over them!!)
    Anonymous

• Again with this question? Why don't we just start putting spanking questions up there with abortion, obama and religion?

Type spanking in the search field, you will pull up atleast 3 posts about it today. Have a good one!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:51 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Why would even post a question like this? Do you really think that if a mom abused her child she would get on here and pour her heart out to you so that you could be a bitch to her?
    logansmommy711

Answer by logansmommy711 at 7:54 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Wow OP you only held your little one close to your heart for 9 to 10 months, that's neglect on your part, shame on you, mine are much much older and I still hold them close to my heart. Get over it already, no matter how you see it, others see it different. Sorry but there is a huge difference between spanking and abuse.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 7:55 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I have no shame.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 8:00 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Yes I do apexmommy, your way isnt the only way. Just b/c I don't choose your way doesn't mean I dont realize others do it differently. Geesh.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:13 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• No one has to spank their children, they chose to... and when your child is 13 or 14 and turns to you and calls you a bitch because they think they can are you going to slap their mouth or put them in the corner and have a nice discussion about how thats not nice... cause the child whose mouth is slapped back into place is probably not going to offend again... everyone can ignore moms lectures, its hard to ignore a well deserved slap.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 8:14 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Moms who think they know everything: have you no shame? have you nothing better to do than talk shit about how some one else raises their kids based on your own opinions? Are you all knowing?
    MHaney1980

Answer by MHaney1980 at 8:19 PM on Jun. 18, 2009