Situation about garnishing wages

I recently went ahead with the wage assignment that was supposed to have occurred to claim child support for my 2 daughters, (5 yrs ago). I didn't do it then bcuz their dad skipped town after our divorce, and had no income for a year. When he came back, he asked me if he could establish himself, which he did, and then he would start paying. I agreed, however, time went by, I got remarried, and he was never fully established with a 2bdrm place until last year. Anyhow, since then, I remarried and made ends meet for my daughters with him paying for things here and there for them when he could. LSS: had to hire a lawyer to get my wage assignment moving again so wages can be garnished from him for CS. What reactions have you had from an EX spouse when you had to do this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:54 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• They weren't pleasant reactions.....but hey....the kids didn't get here by being dropped off by the stork. His babies too, his responsibility too.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 8:02 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Honestly I could care less about any reaction they would or could have..

They have a responsibility....

Just wondering why did you have to hire a lawyer to have his paycheck garished..
    I would think that the state would be able to do that for you...

My X has CS taken out of his check, and it was all done through the court system.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 8:31 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• He was extremely angry and couldn't understand why "I" would do "this" to "him". Whatever! How could he leave me to support them all by myself while he only gets the fun parts? Oh, but how was he supposed to be able to support himself? Who cares! How are you supposed to be able to support yourself and your kids?!
    Anonymous