Does your child go to private school?

If so how much do you pay? I was looking into sending my child to private school and was wondering if I was quoted a good price.

emtmommyamanda

Asked by emtmommyamanda at 7:57 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in General Parenting

• I was going to send my son to private school but I am not able to afford $3500 a year for schooling. I was thinking about private high school but the tuition alone is $8000 a year and that does not include books or all the extra's that is charged throughout the year.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:28 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I send my child to a private Montessori school and we pay $900 a month. Tuition is month by month or you can pay by the semester and get a discount.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 10:15 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• We are fortuntate to be able to live in a city with many great public schools. We did have our daughter in private school for two years, and it was disasterous - she was bored out of her tree.
    Private schools in Chicago run from around $7,500 - 25,000 a year.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:45 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• My kids attend private school for free (less cost of materials) ---- homeschools are considered private schools by law in Texas. But that probably doesn't help much with your cost question, now does it? lol

I think the national average cost of private school is somewhere around $5000. Seems like I read that somewhere recently.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 12:12 PM on Jun. 19, 2009