Is my son developing too fast?

My 8 yr. old son started to have odor under his armpit. I noticed last week! Off course I will discuss it with his pediatrician very soon, but I am wondering if anyone can give me some info about it or share their experience with me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:00 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Kids' Health

• My brother stared having his armpits smell last year he was 9.. He hasn't started pubrety or anything and my dads ped said it was fine he was completely normal..
    honeychick772

Answer by honeychick772 at 8:03 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• It has become normal. Unless you are vegan or eat a completely organic diet, he is being bombarded by hormones from the meat and dairy that he eats.

Get him an unscented aluminum free deoderant, like Tom's or Trader Joes; or get him a mineral crystal.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:15 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• That is normal. Get him some deodarant and have him wear it everyday. Have him wash his armpits before putting on the deodarant and make sure he dries his underarms very well. It is nothing to worry about.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:11 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Thank you all. That's definitely helpful!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Jun. 19, 2009