Noisey elders...wut to do with them??

First of all let me explain that i am a cambodian-american, first generation to be born in the united states. I brought my daughter to see my family and right away my mom and grandma started makeing comments about my parenting "dont hold her so much", "tilt her head back a little bit father, cuz the back of her head is getting too big", "you must never put her down at home because she crys so much". I kno im not a bad mom and i do everything by the book in american standerds. I can only take but so much. Wut do i do to show i;ve got everything under control??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:04 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• They would be hurt if you didn't at least try it their way. They are saying all these things because it is how the older generation passes on it's knowledge to the younger. Listen! You might learn something. :)
    That being said, you are the child's mother and the final say is yours.
    Anonymous

• just dont listen to them some of my family says i hold my son too much but i dont think that ull be just fine there going to do that
    enaNianza

Answer by enaNianza at 8:10 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• This is something that nearly everyone goes through, regardless of ethnicity or culture. In one ear, out the other. Take some of their advice for what it's worth, use it if you can, if not... disregard it. They're not idiots, they do know what they're talking about on some things.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 8:19 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• They raised you! Right? Let it in one ear and out the other. Your the mommy and you have the finally say.
    Hey mommy your doing a great job and you should know that you are. I just thought i would tell you that cause it seems like you needed to hear that. Have a wonderful night.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 8:40 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Don't justify. I've learned the hard way not to justify to others my parenting style. It only wastes your breath. Just nod and smile... nod and smile. haha.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 8:49 PM on Jun. 18, 2009