I' m a little worried about my daughter's feeding

Emma is almost 3 months now and is sleeping through the night..her Pediatrician says to let her sleep and to only feed on demand...so she'll sleep at 10pm and wake up hungry at about 4:30. she'll eat about 6 oz stay up for a bit, go back to sleep and wake up at about 8:30am/9 and finishes 4 oz... basically the total amount of formula she drinks per day is about 20-24. back when she was an infant she was drinking 28-32 oz. She acts normal, doesn't seem to be in any pain but should I be worried? Do they eat less as they get older?

Also her poop is still seedy yellow and a bit gummy, and when she poops she poops a lot...is this normal? I've emailed her DR but still waiting for a response... any advice would be helpful...being a new mom, makes me question everything.

booboogirlEMMA

Asked by booboogirlEMMA at 8:04 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• aw she's fine. probly just going through a growth spurt or something. the poop is normal too
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 8:13 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Do you have her on anything like cereal? Could she be teething? How many times a day does she eat about? You know you should get her on a schedule, It will make your days a lot easier and you will know how much she's really eating in a day and then you can tell your doctor that she eats this everyday... You know what I mean if you need an idea of a schedule pls feel free to E-mail me and i will give you my DD schedule that i have her on. oh also what is her weight?
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 8:16 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• she's 3 months, you feed your baby on demand at 3 months. just like the pedi told you. it may be a little bit before you get her on a schedule
    Anonymous

• I have had ALL of my children on a schedule ever since they were a month old. Anon 8:23.
    Anonymous

• Thats so funny...my daughter who is almost 3 months and whos name is also Emma is going through the samething. Her ped thinks it's a little reflux and has her on zantac.
    Emmasmom2009

Answer by Emmasmom2009 at 9:45 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• H ah hah a if i tried to put my daughter on a schedule she would be devestated and I would ruin her night sleep. Some babies cannot handle it so be careful about changing something that is working for you. Especially cos she is sleeping so well at night. If you put a baby on a schedule and they aren't ready they can get chronically overtired and you can destroy their night times. i much prefer demand feeding.

That seem like a pretty good amount to be eating. My DD is 15 wks and each 5 or 6 times a day, and between 4-7 ounces each time. As long as they are settled and gaining weight and satisfied then they are ok. Poo sounds pretty normal too. Just wait till they start having cereal it starts to smell like real poo and changes colour again.

They say that as they get older they do each less. Slowly my DD is increasing the amount in a feed but decreasing the amounts of feeds. They want to be awake more too but just not ...
    mummylovebaby

Answer by mummylovebaby at 11:07 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• ... eat all of the time.

My best advice... listen to her because she will tell you what she needs and likely every day will be different. Just like us

I am a new Mom too so if you wanna chat all things newbies let me know.
    mummylovebaby

Answer by mummylovebaby at 11:08 PM on Jun. 18, 2009