What do you think would happen?

Please don't be so mean. Just give me a serious answer...What if?

I am so tired of carrying this extra weight that I do not need on my body? (30lbs)

What if I was to put on a vinyl like sweat suit and go into the garage and do some reason sweating (just about anything that will make me pour sweat, our garage is very hot here in Tx.) I won't be out there too long just enough to feel like I did something. what do you think? thanks...be nice :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:09 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I think you could wind up with a heart attack at worst. There are no quick fixes or easy answers. To truly lose weight and keep it off for life (and set a great example for your kids) you must live a healthy lifestyle.
    I would start with simple changes.
    Walk, or do other execise, for at least 20 minutes a day, at least 3 times a week.
    Make sure that you are drinking enough water (at least 8 8oz glasses a day)
    Eat an apple or big pile of veggies before meals.
    Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors
    Eat 6-7 servings of whole grains a day
    Replace meat and dairy with beans, lentils and tofu (all loaded with calcium and iron). Be sure to eat a vitamin C source with an iron source (like kale or beans) to increase the absorption of the iron.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:32 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I think you could wind up with dehydration, heat exhaustion, and/or heatstroke. Losing fluids through sweating doesn't burn any fat. If you want to lose weight, stay adequately hydrated and try exercising where you won't pass out.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 8:14 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I think it really does nothing but make you loose water weight which to me, is not real weight loss.

I just bought a Wii Fit....and I love it! It really keeps you motivated and moving. Keeps up with your weight loss and BMI.

Try that!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:32 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• if you going to do that drink lots and lots of water that will help get rid of all the toxens in your body and help you loose weight, just make sure you DRINK LOTS OF WATER
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 8:34 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• what really works is 20 minutes a day on a jump rope, you won't be able to jump 20 minutes right oway but you can start by doing little bit through out the day to get you used to it, but don't over do it cuz you caffs will be really sore they next day and you wont be able to jump cuz thats what happend to me
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 8:37 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I'm doing weight training along with walking, diet and stretching... I've lost 10 lbs over the last month. I also have 30 to loose (well 20 now - yeah!) - anyhow, I wouldn't do what you're talking about UNLESS you spend the 24 hours before making sure you are WELL hydrated and then drink lots of water during and after (if you add lemon to the water it will help you release the fluid).

Where in Texas do you live? I'm in Midland/Odessa - we're hitting triple digits most days.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 12:58 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• You are going to lose water weight if you do that, not fat.
    sw33t_blond3

Answer by sw33t_blond3 at 8:38 AM on Jun. 19, 2009