how do i let him know without letting him know that I know LOL

Ladies help me out here! I have never had a problem with my son wearing boxers around the house in the morning....LOL however he has new baggy boxers that when he sits at the table in the morning and am bringing him breakfast...i can see everthing because the legholes open up....so how do i let him know without letting him know, that i've seen it...LOL

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:14 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in General Parenting

• How old is he? If it were my son I would just say "hey Mason, you need a blanket" or something like that and laugh it off.

Whats such a big deal?
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:15 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• My 7 year old sometimes winds up with his bits hanging out because of boxers. He's not allowed to walk around in his underwear. When I catch him in them, rather than wait til I've been flashed, I tell him to go get some proper clothing on.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 8:16 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• how about having your DH/SO tell him? might not be as embarrasing for him lol
    Anonymous

• Just tell him. He's your son. I would tell him to close those legs or wear tighty whities.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:30 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Just tell him now that hes getting older that it's best if he would start wearing a robe or Pajama pants around the house...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:30 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• say straight out " please put some pants on i can see your penis"
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 8:34 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I agree with But Mommie.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 8:36 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I wouldn't embarrass the boy. I'd say something like "be careful how you sit. I can almost see what you need to keep private!" and possibly add that he might want to consider wearing pj bottoms or pants to the table. I think wearing underwear to the table to eat is a bit Homer Simpsonish. I wouldn't wear underwear to the table and don't think others should either. JMHO

Answer by admckenzie at 9:31 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I would say "It's a bit chilly in here, do you feel a draft?" See if that works.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 9:37 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I would just tell him straight out he's grown up enough that he can get dressed before he comes to the table. What if you had unexpected guests, it's inappropriate for him to be in his underwear. You wouldn't allow your daughter do do so would you. But all of this really depends on the age of the child. Boxers????? Probably old enough to know he should get dressed.

Soquelkat

Answer by Soquelkat at 10:24 PM on Jun. 18, 2009