is $370 a week too much to pay for all 3 of my kids to attend an all day school/daycare?

I am looking into the local kindergarten and preschool programs, and the cheapest is $370 a week for all 3 kids to attend from 6:30a-6pm...is that too much?

DaisyRae

Asked by DaisyRae at 8:26 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Money & Work

• a friend of mine pays 360 for 2 kids....from 730 am till about 330 pm.
    Anonymous

• wowiwill be paying $47per week in the fall for just my 3 year old to go mon-wed....
    KaireasMommy

Answer by KaireasMommy at 8:41 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I would say that's extremely cheap. But it depends on where you live....I live in bergen county, nj and it would be about that for 1 child per week.
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 9:00 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I would say thats REALLY good...its about 150-200 here for my infant to go ANY amount of time..they dont really pro-rate the time in the places ive looked into...daycare is sooo expensive..its more than some people pay in rent! just be sure its worth it!!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 9:13 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Not too much at all. I'm paying that, with sibling discount applied, for two in preschool all day, fewer hours.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 9:19 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• i pay 32 a day for my kids and thatsjust for 4 hours any more then 4 hours is 52 dollars if i workd full time id be paying around 950-1000 a month thats just nuts i pay right now 130 a month and they only go one day a week
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 9:51 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• See, I don't really think its a lot since its all 3 of our kids going and its from 6:30am until 6pm, it includes 2 meals for each of them and 2 snacks as well...field trips, the curriculum for the pre-K as well as Kindergarten classes, and it would allow me to go back to work instead of staying at home and losing my mind with boredom! *lol* My husband doesn't think its worth it though, because its "so much money"...but if we went with one of the cheaper places we wouldn't get quality care, or the hours of availability either.

DaisyRae

Answer by DaisyRae at 11:07 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I think that's great! Jump on it!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 11:32 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Way cheap for any area for three children. If you trust the center and think they'll get a good education there then go ahead. You won't find better than that for those hours for three kids!
    Anonymous

• Sounds like a really good deal to me.
    boogersmama

Answer by boogersmama at 12:22 PM on Jun. 19, 2009