Any PETA supporters on here? Anyone: What do you consider animal abuse or neglect, how do you believe animals should be treated.

I am not a PETA supporter I think they are way out there most of the time.

I do think pets deserve respect but they are still pets. They always need food, water, excersize, interaction.

But I dont think they NEED cloths or a bed that cost more than mine:)

I think animals were put on this Earth for us to use and enjoy, like cows, pigs, chickens.....meat.

I do not like using them to hurt each other like cock fights or dog fights.

I do believe in putting an animal to sleep if they are in pain.

I do firmly believe in spaying and neutering all pets. Unless you are a responsible breeder or owner who will find them all good homes.

Just wondered, whats your ideas on animal treatment?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:29 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Pets

• A lady in the community I live in, who runs an "animal sanctuary" just got arrested for animal abuse and is in jail. She had over 90 dogs (not including the other animals) in an extremely small space, and wasn't feeding them regularly, and when she did, it wasn't even enough....each animal would MAYBE get a handful of food...and when the police arrived there were literally dogs eating each other. She got in a huge amount of trouble because she claimed to the state to be an animal shelter. It's sickening. I think people who mistreat animals are horrendous. They depend on people to take care of them, and can't defend themselves against mistreatment. It's awful.
    Anonymous

• I think PETA abuses animals. Did you know that 98% of the animals they take in are euthanized? People take them to the PETA shelter and instead of adopting them out, PETA euthanizes them-- and I'm talking healthy, adoptable dogs, cats, etc. PETA takes the position that animals should not be in a subservient role, and to be our pets is to place them in that role.

They're raising a stink about swatting a fly, yet they don't even give healthy animals a chance to be loved.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 8:43 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• i am a supporter of peta. well, for the most part, i understand they r trying to do good for animals. so i agree with you totally. i think it was ridiculous how they are trying to sue he president for killing a FLY. thats just a little insane. does that mean that we should be putting frogs in jail on a regular basis? but then thatd b cruelty to frogs, so they can be wack jobs haha. i do think its aweful how people treat animals so inhumanely. its not right.
    xhellxfirex495

Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 8:45 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• When I have pets I treat them like they are one of the children. They get spoiled terribly.
    homealone_10

Answer by homealone_10 at 9:33 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• i support all animal supporters including peta. if i ever heard they were abusing animals i wouldn't support them.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 9:50 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Pretty much everything you have said. We tried getting our Pyrenees a shirt...she tore it to shreds lol.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 10:43 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Oh and PETA a freaks. They are ill. Seriously. I do support the HSUS and the ASPCA
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 10:44 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• i used to be a member of PETA....I don't have the extra money right now for it...anyway, I think they are extreme. HOWEVER, I do AGREE with A LOT that they stand for. such as, the KFC chicken abuse, yes abuse, slamming them against the walls, ramming them with broomsticks, you can go to www.peta.org if you don't believe me. I love that they protest and are trying to ban that god awful Ringling bros. circus, if you want to see that video go to their website. They use bull hooks and electrocution to "train" their elephants, tigers, etc....Sometimes I guess they have to be extreme for cases such as that. I think that people would understand a little more why they are the way they are if they researched and saw just how torchered and abused some animals really are. I don't like the fact that the president Ingrid Newkirk is for BSL (outlawing pitbulls and others). I have two pitbulls that I love. But a lot of what they do is great
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 10:47 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• And if it wasn't for them a lot of things such as puppy mills and certain zoos and circuses would still be continuing. Yes, theyr'e extreme but sometimes thats what it takes to get through to people....
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 10:48 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• the HSUS is geared MORE towards the treatment of "pets" and not so much the other. so their mission is a little different. PETA is also for the "against animal testing" which I love. If you watched a video or two on that, it might change your mind....
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 10:49 PM on Jun. 18, 2009