panic attacks?

tight chest, trouble breathing, pounding and racing heart, feeling as if I am having a massive Adrenalin rush, numb fingers, itchy back, stomach ache and butterflies ....Could it be panic or anxiety attacks?
And depression on top of it all

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:37 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Health

• It could most certainly be panic/anxiety attacks. I used to get them when I was in high school....I'd feel like I couldn't breathe, like my throat was closing up, my heart would be pounding and I'd be super warm and sweating, chest tightening and pain sometimes, jitters, dry mouth, extreme thirst, but I'd be sick to my stomach, and because of all the physical symptoms, an overwhelming sense of panic and anxiety. They can be very scary. The key for me was to stay as calm as possible and keep drinking fluids.....orange juice helped a lot because I'd always end up with a low blood sugar in the mix of it all. Don't hesitate to go see someone about it....a doctor might be able to give you some tips for preventing them and helping them to subside if they do occur. Best of luck.
    sophiafarris

Answer by sophiafarris at 8:42 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Yes it sounds like a panic attack. I get them, however I am on Zoloft for them so they are better now. But it does sound like one.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 9:18 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• As a matter of fact, i went to the ER once with a fever, numb fingers and a numb/tingly tongue and the first thing he asked is if I had anxiety disorder. Turns out I was actually pretty sick, but he said that the numb fingers and numb tongue are classic anxiety attack symptoms.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 9:19 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Should I go to the doctor, or just try to deal? I dont want to take anything that will make me unable to nurse...Nursing is the one thing that I can do right it seems....
    OP
    Anonymous

• If you feel the need to go get checked out, you definitely should. There's nothing wrong with that at all. Better safe than sorry. If you do, and the mention of any medication for it comes up, just make sure you express your concerns about the fact that you are nursing and wouldn't want anything to create a problem with it. Ask any questions you may have, as silly as any of them may sound.
    sophiafarris

Answer by sophiafarris at 11:28 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• It sure sounds like it and yes you can have panic/anxiety attacks and depression at the same time. I take Xanax for the anxiety attacks, only when needed. I would make an appointment with the doctor to make sure it isnt anything else.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:47 PM on Jun. 18, 2009