Worried about North Korea?

I am not necessarily "worried" about it, but I do find it a bit concerning that North Korea continues to advance their nuclear weapons program, and that the defense secretary has ordered additional protections for Hawaii just in case North Korea launches a long-range missile over the Pacific Ocean because of the ship that may be carrying illicit weapons. Especially since my husband is Air Force, and we do live in Washington State, which could be reached with a nuclear missile, and if we did go to war with N. Korea, many of my friends or their husbands would probably have to go fight. What do you think? Are any of you concerned or are they bluffing?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090618/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/us_us_nkorea

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/06/18/north.korea.ship/index.html?iref=newssearch

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 8:42 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• For personal reasons I'm concerned(hubby is in S.Korea). I have faith and confidences in our military. Its the lack of solid leadership in the Pres. & admin that concerns me.......
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:12 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I am concerned. It's like one day at a time with them.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 8:46 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I am concerned, Crazy people do crazy things. I don't know why Iraq has been our priority for the past 8 years when we KNEW Lil Kim had nukes and was continuing his weapons program....and is just crazy enough to use em......As it stands, I'm not sure what the options are...our military is stretched SO THIN....
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:46 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I think we ALL should be concerned!

I wonder if NK were to fire a missile at Hawaii, if Obama would cut more out of the defense budget! After all that was his "retaliation" after NK fired their first test missle..."let's cut our defense!" Great. (sarcasm)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:47 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Im already having nightmares about it seriously... it scares the hell outta me! Everyday Im seeing another article or headline about NK and their nukes.
    sailfishmommy

Answer by sailfishmommy at 8:51 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Lori, WHAT DID BUSH DO TO MAKE US SAFER FROM NK??? Oh right NOTHING...He tied up our $$$ and troops in a nation building occupation
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:53 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I wasn't worried when Bush was in but I am with Obama.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:00 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Yep, its all Bush's fault. He did nothing to protect us for 8 years and keep us safe. He is still spending money we don;t have. He is making the housing crisis worse. He has bought into the auto industry. He is making the market go up and down like a yoyo. He is causing the job loss. He is the reason California is on its last leg. He is the reason that car dealerships are closing. And most of all he is the reason that the madman running North Korea is no longer afraid of the USA. Yep its all Bush's fault.

The leader of NK is a madman with an itchy finger. He is not afraid of Obama because the world sees Obama as a lover not a fighter. One example would be the term terrorist not being allowed anymore. The closing of Gitmo. The defense budget cuts. His wanting to pull out of Iraq.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 9:04 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• You know sweets, I'm not interested in talking about YOUR version of HISTORY. I prefer to stay in the present. So I want to know....WHAT IS OBAMA GOING TO DO TO MAKE US SAFER FROM NK?!??

Oh, right NOTHING!!!

Instead he's tying up our $$$ on wasteful government spending, cap and trade bills, and national healthcare...in between $250,000+ weekly dates with the "lovely" Ms. M! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:04 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I'm concerned, but won't dwell on it. Truthfully, There are a TON of countries wanting to destroy us. You have a choice, sit and worry about it or go on with life and if it happens, we defend ourselves. Without force, I don't think we can stop N. Korea.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 9:05 PM on Jun. 18, 2009