Is it ok to "spank" your pet when they are being naughty?

Wouldn't that be considered animal cruelty?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:52 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• But she has a point. I bet you the difference in people who are offended by spanking animals is huge compared to the people who are offended by spanking kids.

Both are wrong IMO. Hitting is never okay.
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 9:05 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• For our cats, clapping our hands and yelling "no" startles them enough so they stop.

Answer by Bmat at 8:55 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I think a little smack on the nose is ok for a large dog...but thats it
    for the most part I think there are better methods that dont involve putting your hands on the animal like in that one show with the British lady who comes to homes and helps turn there dogs from misbehaving mutts to well bahaving animals using nothing but poitive reinforcement
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 8:58 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• OMG, give it up already, she is just starting drama. First it was kids and abuse because of "spankings" now she has moved to pets, like its not ok to spank our pets but it is ok to spank our kids.
    Anonymous

• a few months ago i was on here and there was a woman talking about having sex with a dog...i said it was animal crulety and was bashed so as far as im concerned if no one thinks thats animal abuse you can beat a dog all you want
    Anonymous

• Arkaidy wrote:
    But she has a point. I bet you the difference in people who are offended by spanking animals is huge compared to the people who are offended by spanking kids.

GREAT answer!!
    Anonymous

• cats love to be spanked,turns em on!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 10:20 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• No, never ever. Bad for pets, great for kids though !
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 1:55 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• If my dog does something wrong, we'll say "Paco, no!" in a firm voice. Unless it's pretty bad. Like getting into human food or trying to climb on the baby. We give him a swat on the butt (not that hard, just enough get the message across) or I'll tap his nose with my finger.
    HisMommy414

Answer by HisMommy414 at 2:45 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 3:49 PM on Jun. 20, 2009