Highlights?

When can u highlight ur hair at home after u have dyed ur hair at home?

rugratsmommy4

Asked by rugratsmommy4 at 8:55 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• If it were me ( i am a licensed Cosmetologist) I would wait and get it done by a pro. If that is out of the question, give it at least 1-2 weeks depending on how dark the all over color was you applied. Wash with a moisturizing shampoo (and dont forget conditioner) everyday. (normally I wash my hair every 2-3 days). This will help pull out the color and make it lighter on its own without the bleach. This also will cut down the length of time you have to leave to bleach on once you do HiLite it. Good luck!
    TNT8687

Answer by TNT8687 at 10:18 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• you have to be really really careful. If you dyed it dark from a box id wait a few weeks before even trying hightlighing on your own. Actually id try NOT to highlight on your own it can turn red/orange/or any of those color schemes. Dark color pigment just attaches to the hair follicle where as blonde pulls color out and depending on the depth of the dark color it can take a looooong time to get to the color you want.
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 9:06 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• what do you mean when? whats gonna happen if you wait?
    Anonymous