Fast cure for a cold

I have tried almost everything from cough drops, cough syrups, cold tablets & even chicken broth! I could use a fast remedy right now. I have a 3 year old who is bored to death & I need to feel better soon. Anyone have any great home remedies? Sure could use one!

onespecialmom

Asked by onespecialmom at 9:13 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Health

• Zicam can permanently take away your sense of smell, so be careful.
    Peppermint tea is great! Peppermint is a natural decongestant; just be sure that peppermint is the only ingredient.
    Honey (antibacterial) and cayenne pepper (anti-inflammatory) is the best cough syrup.throat soother.
    Emergen-C will help you stay hydrated and give you an energy boost; be sure to mix it with cold water. The lowest price is at Trader Joes, though it is sold just about everywhere (Target, Walgreens, etc.).
    I am a big believer in the power of foods. This healing foods pyramid from the University of Michigan is great: http://www.med.umich.edu/umim/food-pyramid/index.htm
    Most important, stay well hydrated!

Feel better

Answer by rkoloms at 6:33 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Bad news there is no fast cure for the common cold. Chicken soup and a hot shower and rest is the best thing for a cold.
    homealone_10

Answer by homealone_10 at 9:25 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• zicam! i love that stuff, i always take it when i first get symptoms and it works but i dont see why it wouldnt help you, and for a stuffy nose and chest hot coffee or hot tea it will help open things up. or allergy meds will clear up the nose and stuffiness too
    Anonymous

• Zicam! OH GOOD!! I've been taking that stuff every 3 hours.
    onespecialmom

Answer by onespecialmom at 9:35 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• drink plenty of water and or juices..In my case it is very effective by eating 1 kilo of orange fruit, take medicine for cold and 1 paracetamol.. and rest...the following day i feel better! i been doing this for 10 years..
    jayzs

Answer by jayzs at 9:39 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Lots of liquids. I think a cold just needs to work it's way out of your body.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:45 PM on Jun. 18, 2009