how do you feel about guys calling you babe, baby, honey, or sweetie? and is it different if you know the guy?

guys calling you babe etc

mommyofone740

Asked by mommyofone740 at 9:16 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'm a cashier at a grocery store and I don't like it when guys call me any of those names. Especially since its usually creepers who do it. I'd like to keep that between my hubby and I. =]
    Amanda704

Answer by Amanda704 at 9:18 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I'm ok with strangers... but my cousens boyfriend called me "mommy" while I was prego, It really pissed me off!

Albi1623

Answer by Albi1623 at 9:22 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• If its a stranger...they don't need to be calling me pet names. My hubby calls me baby.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 9:26 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• i do it by accident because i can't ever remember my patients names but i usually go with dear or ma'am or sir
    emtmommyamanda

Answer by emtmommyamanda at 9:33 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• If I know them and are comfortable around them(like DH's friends or mine) then Id be alright with it.
    If its a stranger, Id be a bit put off but probably wouldnt say anything just give a look LOL.

If its an old man Id just smile politely.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 9:37 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• i call all sorts of random people "sweet baby" or "honeypie" and a host of other pet names for absolutely no reason. well... not at work. but in literally any other situation. my husband called me "babe" from the moment he met me. i thought it was crass and awesome. there is in fact no stick in my butt. it makes life pretty easy.
    mellypoo

Answer by mellypoo at 9:39 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I'm an almost 45 year old slightly overweight woman. It is totally disrepectful for anyone besides my husband to call me pet names, especially those.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 9:41 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• The only person that had better be calling me that is my husband and if it is not they are going to her about it, In my opinion it is rude and disrespectful.
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 9:55 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I think it's weird too. I am a cashier too and sometimes ugly old guys even hit on me it's so gross. I just want to say hello sicko I could be your daughter
    Anonymous

• Just about every close friend I have has a pet name for me & those don't bother me at all. With strangers, if I sense that they mean well (like an older woman at a store saying, "Thank you, Dear" if I reach something for her), then I just smile & ignore it. But if it is done in a leacherous tone, I just smile & say, "Did I mention I have 5 kids???" That usually stops them dead. :)
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 10:13 PM on Jun. 18, 2009