what can I do that's free and fun for a two year old?

2 year old activities free

mommyofone740

Asked by mommyofone740 at 9:17 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• take him to a park, a small water splash park, (we have one free here in our area, you might have one) get a sprinkler and let him run in it, get cheap water guns and have a water fight...just be creative
    Anonymous

• At home or go somewhere??? At home, backyard turn on the garden hose and let them have at it!! Warning-you'll end up wet to!!!! Depending on where you live, parks, the mall even, if you have a Bass Pro, that is one of my kid's favorites. You don't have to buy anything, but they love going and looking around!
    mamatware

Answer by mamatware at 9:19 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• library readings
    MRSnMOTHER

Answer by MRSnMOTHER at 9:22 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I would say a walk through the neighbor hood especially right around dusk and talk about the noises you hear and try to match them with insects and animals. My boys love this. During the day I make a small list of thing to collect (once a week) then go to the park we have here with nature trails. We come home with what they've collected and make picture with glue and spinkles.. We generally do this the next day for another activity.
    honeychick772

Answer by honeychick772 at 9:28 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Hmm...well if you are looking for stuff to do at home, I would say sidewalk chalk, sprinkler, make homemade playdough, build a "fort" out of blankets. If you are looking for places to go, find a city park, go to a play area at the mall, take a nature walk, try local childrens museums and see if they have any free days, or if you have a Cabela's store those are always fun for kids with all their displays and all.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 9:35 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Most museums have free days
    Parks sometimes have free movies and free concerts
    Farmers markets have free admission
    Libraries let you borrow books for free and often have free activities

Answer by rkoloms at 1:39 PM on Jun. 19, 2009