Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need a inmate advocate for kentucky

My husband is black and he was in kenton county kentucky detention center.. He was not getting his diabetes meds so i called and made more calls trying to help him as much as i could.. Well they moved him on friday of last week.. All the way to casey county kentucky to an all white facility.. he's the only black man and is now in isolation from every one because of trouble the other inmates were causing..he still is not getting any of his meds he is sick as sick can be and when i went to see him yesterday which took me 3 1/2 hours to get to they told me i couldnt see him cause he was in isolation.. I need help to get him the help he needs. I heard of advocates does any one know how to find one i have already tried looking for this on the net and have had no luck

Answer Question

Asked by klove4uklove at 9:18 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in About CafeMom

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • hey look i'm sorry to hear that but maybe you can look in the yellow pages.

    Answer by kimmybear875 at 9:28 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

  • Try this:

    Answer by TheDiva320 at 9:29 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

  • I'm not of any help, but I just wanted to say that I will pray for him and you. Sorry for what he is going through.

    Answer by bellasrose71008 at 9:43 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

  • Call his lawyer and explain the situation, especially the fact that without insulin he could die and it would be the detention center's fault! Call the warden and DEMAND to speak to him/her or even better yet write to them send it certified mail and make a copy and have them both notorized. Call his doctor, call the governor, call anyone and everyone you can think of! Withholding vital medical attention to any inmate is a crime. As for the inmate advocate, try calling the county jail in your area they can probably send you in the right direction.

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:34 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.