How long do it takes to get pregnet after having sex

kimmybear875

Asked by kimmybear875 at 9:20 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• about 20 to 24 hours for the sperm to get to the egg and fertilize it. But I think you have to be about 4 weeks pregnant before a home test will read positive
    logansmommy711

Answer by logansmommy711 at 9:23 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• sperm lives inside of you for 24 hours learned that on foresic files...lol it takes up to 72 hours for the sperm to implant and move to your uterus. I was 3 weeks pg when i found out I was pg from a at home test.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 9:26 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• i don't know but we did the deed unprotected from the 7th to the 9th and my doctor said i would have conceived on the 15th going by my last cycle. yet acording to the doctor im 7 weeks which would mean i did get pregnant right away... also i got pregnant one week after my cycle but they say its 14 days after your period that ur fertile i dont know the eact math but i took a test 3 days before missing my period and it was positive
    BUDDERFLY1217

Answer by BUDDERFLY1217 at 9:48 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• It can take up to 5 days, depending on when you have sex and when you ovulate, as sperm can live inside of you for that length of time. From the time the egg is fertilized, it takes approximately 7-10 days before the egg implants and you are "officially" pregnant. And even then, it often takes a few more days before a HPT will turn positive.
    PrincessZ20

Answer by PrincessZ20 at 10:26 PM on Jun. 18, 2009