I feel so guilty...

I'm 23 & work part time @ sams club (8.70/hr). I'm 5 mo. pregnant & I had to move back in with mom & stepdad, because the babys dad's dog bit me for no reason. I feel like such a burden on them. My mom wants to buy all this fancy, expensive stuff for my baby. I don't care for expensive things, I'm a simple person. She doesn't even want me to help her make payments on her credit card that she's buying all the baby stuff on. I pay $200/mo. in rent, which I didn't pay rent the 1st time I lived with them. I don't know what to do, I feel so bad, and I feel like my stepdad hates me. He makes rude comments that really upset me, like "you're eating again?" and other such things. I wish my mom would explain to him that pregnant women must eat several times a day. I'm only child and I know my mom loves me, but I feel like she's doing too much.

mandielynn23

Asked by mandielynn23 at 9:27 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• shes just happy and wants to help. let her go and what i do if someone wont let me pay them ill sneak it in their purse, or hide it somewhere in the house before i leave and if they ask i say i know nothing and its not mine, then they get the money back and i dont have to argue with them to take it!
    Anonymous

• Hey take the help ! LOL You'll appreciate it soon LOL!! I totally think you should pay some rent whatever you can comfortably pay but gee while youre living back home you can probably take more time off and relax a bit more enjoy your new baby... I only have a 4 and 2 year old but I would love it if my daughter stayed with me when she had her own (in 20 years of course LOL) also there is a book called Baby Bargains GET IT read it and have your parents read it it has GREAT information
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 9:31 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• be thankful that you do have help!
    Anonymous

• I come from a really low class family well me and my BF are having a baby and his mom went crazy when she found out it was a boy like she has bought everything we haven't bought a single thing but maybe some lil cloths she spent 700 on a circle crib....why do i need that i could just get one at walmart for 150 she wont let us buy anything we don't live with her but since this is the only boy in the family she is so happy and excited that she just can't stop and my bf dad always makes fun of me too we went to out to eat then i said something about wendys frosty toffee coffee and his mom was like robert go to wendys and he was like she just ate... but i laugh at him and tell him he is jealous that i get to eat whatever i want and he cant you have to just laugh it off. another wuestion why did he get ride of the dog?
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 9:34 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Hang on honey! you gotta do it for your baby! Don'T feel bad about you mom helping you out, she's YOUR MOM! that's way they do, love you and help you in any way they can! but just explain to her that's its unnecessary to get most expensive stuff , your baby will grow out of it fast! You better off making an account for the baby's future is she wants to put extra money there... and sit down with them together and talk about how uncomfortable that situation makes you feel, and that you need him to understand and support you...think of what you can do to make it comfortable for all...Good luck! and congrads on your baby!

Albi1623

Answer by Albi1623 at 9:34 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• thanx y'all, that makes me feel better, i'm so effing emotional and i was getting really sad about it. i just feel really guilty when anyone helps me with anything, when i found out i couldnt lift more than 25 lbs, i cried! i'm used to lifting 60 lbs everyday.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 9:36 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• oh, qqiovanni~ he doesnt beleive me that his dog bit me. he thinks it's cute when the dog growls at ppl. if you try to make the dog get off the couch he will growl and bite you.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 9:41 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• well it won't be cute when he snaps at the baby. So next time he growls or bits you YOU kick the shit out of it. or just bring it to the pound. he needs to decided whats more important ..."its me or the dog"..lol
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 9:50 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• i live w my mom now so i dont have to worry about his dog
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 9:53 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• he told me to move out
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 9:54 PM on Jun. 18, 2009