should I give him tylenol?

My 2 1/2 year old skinned his knee. I cleaned it and put antibiotic cream on it. He keeps crying and it doesn't look bad enough for pain medication, but he keeps crying, even screaming. I'm not sure if he is doing this because it looks bloody and scary or if its because it hurts. He won't keep a bandaid on it either. Also, the knee looks a little bruised too.

Precious333

Asked by Precious333 at 9:34 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• agreed, tylenol won't hurt, put some light pants on him to cover it up so he can't see it. maybe that will help with the crying. also you can squirt some witch hazel on it and that should help with any pain he is having as well. It usually works instantly.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 9:41 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• it wont hurt him to have the meds but by the time it would kick in he would be over it so i wouldnt
    BUDDERFLY1217

Answer by BUDDERFLY1217 at 9:36 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• A little tylinol won't hurt. Be sure it is the right amount for his weight.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 9:37 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• ok I think I'm going to give him a little. Its starting to look swollen
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 9:40 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• do you think maybe he has a rock in it or some other kind of debris?
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 9:42 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I'll remember witch haxel next time.. I think I still have some. I didn't see any debris or anything, it just got skinned pretty badly. Also, he didn't want anything on it at all and was trying to blow on it at first. He's doing good now, thanks everyone :)
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 10:23 PM on Jun. 18, 2009