How is Luteal phase defect detected

anyone had this? and does it appear in your blood screening before you are prego? i had a blood screening before i got prego to try to figure out why i was miscarrying

longonevs

Asked by longonevs at 9:46 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I believe they check your progesterone levels, and if you're sustaining the proper levels. If you do have it, then they give you progesterone to take to carry your pregnancy.

Good luck!
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 9:50 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• so i found out i was prego monday night and had blood tues and thurs for the 48 hr check. i will find out tomorrow if my levels have increased. i also had extensive blood work done before i was prego, would that have detected this as well?
    longonevs

Answer by longonevs at 10:05 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• Your luteal phase is just the number of days between when you ovulate and the 1st day of your period. 10-18 days was the normal range I was given. Anything less than 10 could be considered a defect.
    AutumnBlessing

Answer by AutumnBlessing at 10:55 PM on Jun. 18, 2009