3 cm dialated.. cervix still thick

So went to the dr today she said I was dialated to a 3 and my cervix was still thick and long? I'm 39 weeks will I ever have this lil boy I'm starting to lose hope... I'm getting unexcited and actually starting to dread delivery when I was excited! Last week they were suppose to induce me last week then decided not to I think that's why I'm being so impatiencent so any ideas about how much longer this pregnancy will drag out?

RyHouston

Asked by RyHouston at 10:05 PM on Jun. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• there really is no telling. The more you efface (thin out) then the quicker you typically dilate
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 11:00 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• the doctors may intervene and give you cervidel gel (inserted in vagina) to soften and thin out your cervix. that was an awful experience for me...but, just know that might be an option for you.
    Anonymous

• They put a pill next to my cervix it made me dialate but not thin out ...... Had no problem with any of this with my 1st child!
    RyHouston

Answer by RyHouston at 11:13 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• You are not even 40 weeks yet..normal human gestation is 38-42 weeks, not 39 weeks. Being dilated or effaced doesn't mean anything. It can be hours, days or even weeks before labor starts..its normal.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 8:32 AM on Jun. 19, 2009